Friday, October 11, 2019

My future job

Hi! I was thinking about my future, and the fact that I'm in my second year of university, and what i will do in the future when I will graduate.
I don't have a good idea of what i will do exactly, but I would like to work in an hospital as a clinical pharmacist.
This is similar to be a doctor, but pharmacist don't  operate on the patient, or look after a patient, so is an indoor job.

Pharmacist in an hospital can work in the internal pharmacy of an hospital to organize and teach the technician people to preparate medication in the corresponding doses of each patient. Also, they can work with doctors in a patient that would be hospitalized, and advise them (to the doctor) what medication can be more recomendable than other according to the needs, condition, or other facts of each patient, and the doctor will take the decision to prescribe.

The salary of this job depends in what the pharmacist do, where is working and how many time have passed since the pharmacist is graduated, and how many time have worked in this place. But, the average is about $1.010.000, and $1.500.000 here in Chile.

In general, this job just need the Pharmacist title, but I think i want to have a PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, to work in research of some new medicament, new components and things that could be better to treat some specific illness. In this case, the possibility of travel exist because researches in other countries, or attend conferences in other countries. If one day in the future I get a PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, i would like to work in a medical or pharmaceutical research of other country.

6 comments:

  1. what you would do if a doctor refuses to accept one of your recommendations?
    Also, the average salary is very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but if he do this, probably the patient will be worst, depend of the kind of patient

      Delete
  2. ill like to work in a hospital too, maybe not all my life, but some time will be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks interesting to work in a hospital :O

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hospital work is the best idea to practice as a pharmacist

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very interesting to be able to investigate a new medicine, and also to treat illnesses that have not been solved.

    ReplyDelete